This study researches the market size of Spirulina, presents the global Spirulina sales and revenue by companies, regions, type and application, history breakdown data from 2013 to 2018, and forecast to 2025.
This report focuses on the key data information of Spirulina in key regions like North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Central & South America, and Middle East & Africa, presents sales, revenue, market share, growth rate of Spirulina for each region and countries in each region. For the top companies, this report examines and analyzes the key figures for sales, revenue, market share and growth rate, 2013 to 2018, for the top players. This report also studies the analysis of the worldwide market situation, competition scenario, market share, growth rate, future trends, market drivers, opportunities and challenges, sales channels, distributors and the five forces of Porter. Spirulina is a microscopic spiral-shaped blue-green vegetative algae that grows in mineral-rich freshwater and saltwater sources. It provides an abundance of protein, vitamins, minerals, trace minerals, essential fatty acids, phytonutrients, and antioxidants.
First, The concentration of Spirulina industry is high; Worldwide, giant manufacturers are mainly distributed in China, India, and American. China has a long history and unshakable status in this industry, like DIC, King Dnarmsa, CBN and Green-A, both have perfect products. In China, the manufacturers focus in Yunnan and Shandong province.
Second, as for consumption market, the global market sales were 11336 MT spirulina in 2015, which was much higher than that of 9128 in 2012.
Third, the sales market mainly focus on the China, USA, India, Japan and Europe etc. region. In 2013, the U.S. The Food and Drug Administration approved the use of phycocyanin as a natural colorant in food and beverage products. Since then, demand has increased dramatically in the US and Europe. In 2016, China was the leading consumption sector with a sales market share of 45.70%. The US was the second sales market in 2016 with sales of 22.75%.
Fourth, the price of spirulina was decreasing from 2012 to 2016, increased since 2017; also the gross margin decreased. It is expect that the price is also decreasing in future. The gross margin is about 12%-17% in 2015, while the global average spirulina price is about 10804 USD/MT in 2017.
Fifth, this industry is affected by the economy and policy, so itÕs important to put an eye on economic indexes and leadersÕ prefer. With the global economic recovery, more and more people pay attention to health, especially in developed regions that have a large population and fast economic growth, the need of spirulina will increase.
Sixth, we tend to believe this industry now is close to mature, and the consumption increasing degree will show a smooth curve. On product prices, the trend of slow decline in recent years will continue in the future, as competition will intensify, the price differential between different brands will be reduced. Similarly, the gross margin will fluctuate. In 2018, the global spirulina market size was US $ 120 million and is forecast to be US $ 170 million in 2025, growing at a CAGR of 4.5% from 2018. In this study, 2017 has been considered as the base year and the forecast period from 2018 to 2025 to estimate the market size of Spirulina.
This report includes the following manufacturers; we can also add the other companies as you want.
• Parry Nutraceuticals
• Hydrolina Biotech
• King Dnarmsa
• Chenghai Bao ER
• Wuli Lvqi
Market Segment by Product Type:
• Spirulina Powder
• Spirulina Tablet
• Spirulina Extracts
Market Segment by Application:
• Health Products
Market size split by Region:
• Americas (United States, Canada, Mexico, Brazil)
• Asian Pacific (China, Japan, Korea, Southeast Asia, India, Australia)
• Europe (Germany, France, UK, Italy, Russia, Spain)
• Middle East & Africa (Egypt, South Africa, Israel, Turkey, GCC Countries)
The study objectives are:
• To analyze and research the global Spirulina situation and future forecast, involving capacity, production, value, consumption, growth rate (CAGR), market share, historical and estimates.
• To present the major Spirulina manufacturers, capacity, production, income, market share, and recent development for major players.
• To divided the breakdown data by area, type, companies and applications.
• To analyze the worldwide and major regions market potential and advantage, opportunity and challenge, restraints and risks.
• To identify significant trends, drivers, influence factors in worldwide and areas.
• To analyze competitive developments such as market competition, agreements, new product launches and acquisitions.
In this study, the years considered to estimate the market size of Spirulina are as follows:
• History Year: 2013-2018
• Base Year: 2017
• Estimated Year: 2018
• Forecast Year 2018 to 2025