This report studies the global Gunshot Detection Systems market size, industry status and forecast, competition landscape and growth opportunity. This research report categorizes global gunshot detection system market by companies, area, type and end-use industry.
A gunfire locator or gunshot detection system is a system that uses acoustic, optical, or potentially other types of sensors, as well as a combination of such sensors detects the location of the bullets or other weapons fire. These systems are used by law enforcement, security, military and occupation to identify the source and, in some cases, the direction of bullets and / or the type of weapon is removed.
The North America gunshot detection system market is expected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period. The gunshot detection system market in North America is expected to witness significant growth, owing to a high number of firearm-related deaths in the region, especially in the U.S. where the firearm-related death rate is 25 times higher than other countries. Major U.S. cities are planning to install indoor gunshot detection systems at universities, corporate office locations, and financial facilities, among others, over the next five years.
The gunshot detection system market was dominated by the homeland segment in 2016 and is expected to continue its dominance during the forecast period. Gunshot detection systems for homeland security were first used in the U.S. These systems are primarily used by law enforcement agencies. They are installed at the height of more than 30 feet above the ground at specific locations of the coverage area. These include walls, poles, streetlights, and buildings, among others.
Furthermore, increase in mass shootings incidents at educational institutions is a prime concern. On the basis of installation type, the gunshot detection system market has been segmented into fixed, vehicle mounted, and wearable. The gunshot detection system market is dominated by the fixed segment, which is projected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period. Fixed gunshot detection systems use acoustic sensor node detection technology to detect a gunshot event. Fixed installations are carried out at a specific height from the ground. High-security areas such as restricted military infrastructures are the potential fixed installation sites of gunshot detection systems.
In 2017, the global Gunshot Detection Systems market size was 790 million US$ and it is expected to reach 4370 million US$ by the end of 2025, with a CAGR of 27.7% during 2018-2025.
This report focuses on the global top players, covered:
• Raytheon Company
• Thales Group
• Battelle Memorial Institute
• Safran Electronics & Defense
• Rheinmetall AG
• ELTA Systems Ltd
• Acoem Group
• Databuoy Corporation
• Qinetiq North America
• Microflown Avisa B.V.
• Shooter Detection Systems LLC
• Safety Dynamics Inc
• Information System Technologies
• V5 Systems Inc
Market segment by Regions/Countries, this report covers:
• United States
• Southeast Asia
Market segment by Type, the product can be split into:
• Fixed System
• Vehicle Mounted System
• Portable System
Market segment by Application, split into:
The study objectives of this report are:
• To study and estimates the market size of Gunshot Detection Systems in worldwide market.
• To analyze the global major players, SWOT analysis, value and worldwide market share for biggest players.
• To define, describe and estimates the market by type, end use and area.
• To analyze and compare market conditions and forecasts between China and major regions in the United States, Europe, China, Japan, Southeast Asia, India and the rest of the world.
• To analyze the worldwide major regions market potential and advantage, occasion and challenge, restraints and risks.
• Identify the important trends and factors that drive or interrupt the growth of the market.
• To Analyzing opportunities in the market for stakeholders by identifying high growth blocks.
• To Tactically analyzing each submarket in relation to personal growth tendencies and their contribution to the market.
• To analyze emulative growth like market competition, agreements, new product launches and acquisitions.
• To strategically profile the major players and comprehensively analyze their growth strategies.
In this study, the years considered to estimate the market size of Gunshot Detection Systems are as follows:
• History Year: 2013-2017
• Base Year: 2017
• Estimated Year: 2018
• Forecast Year 2018 to 2025
For data input by area, company, type and application, 2017 is considered to be the base year. Whenever data information was unavailable for base year, it has been considered in previous year.
• Gunshot Detection Systems Manufacturers
• Gunshot Detection Systems Distributors/Traders/Wholesalers
• Gunshot Detection Systems Sub component Manufacturers
• Industry Association
• Downstream Vendors
Let us know if you want some special information, we will give you the information you need.